Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Here We Go Again

qualifier up for grabs I expect a good turn out, even without all those sad Liverpool supporters who are still desperately grasping for past glory, remembering back to a time when Liverpool were a team to be feared. Let it go lads, it's starting to get a little embarrassing. We're here in the Eglinton for yet another €100 freezeout, and with tickets to this Fridays WSOP .

So just before the tournament begins we are fortunate enough to have Christy “The Morbid” Morkan, winner of the most recent league in the Eglinton, join us and let us in on some of the secrets behind his phenomenal success at the poker table.

Q. So Christy, what single thing do you think has contributed most to your recent success?
A. If I had to pick 1 thing it would be my IPod, I find it helps me clear my mind and I can focus some much more on my game.

Q. Clears you mind eh, well tell me, were you surprised to find that there was anything in there that needed clearing?
A. To be honest, I’m as surprised as anybody, but apparently there is something bouncing around in there.

Q. I know there are some players that think you talk your way into the money, what do you think about this?
A. It’s true, I do love a bit of speech play and I think I’m getting good at it. I can definitely talk someone into folding when their ahead.

Q. There have been some rule changes in the club regarding speech play, a player can not longer mention specific cards when talking about their hand, does this affect your game at all.
A. You bet your ass it does, it a pile of cock. I mean how the fuck am I supposed to know what they have if their not allowed tell me.


Ok clock is starting, thanks for your time Christy, maybe we can finish the interview later. We’ll be back in a while with updates from the tournament.

No comments: