Monday, March 10, 2008

Congrats to our latest Galway Qualifiers

Well done to Keith "Space Cadet" Mc Fadden, Keith usually takes forever to make a discussion and having played with him dozens of times I still can’t tell if he is thinking or if there is a hamster in there with a roll of insulating tape and a pliers working frantically to reconnect the wheel to the generator in his brain, and Mark "The Lemming farmer" Spellman, in truth they are cows but the rumor last year was that they were chucking themselves of cliffs and shit, makes you wonder what kinda place Galway is when even the cattle are losing the will to live. Anyway I digress, the 2 boys won the packages for the Irish Open last Friday in the Eglinton, so happily the West will find itself strongly represented by these two bandits.

Also a quick heads up for anyone who has been living in a cave, the satellite for the Party Poker Cruise is on this Friday in the Eglinton, €350 with one €200 rebuy/top-up, and there are 4 $12,000 packages guaranteed (not be me, and if any of these details are incorrect don’t bother telling me, I don't care that much). Seems like good value though, I have heard that there are a number of players coming from all around the country for this but there is still a good chance of an overlay.

I will be covering the event here on the blog so if any of you want to know anything about what is happening on the night just throw a comment in here. I would normally be playing but I get sea sick just drinking a glass of water, so we’ll be giving it a miss.

Oh ya, nearly forgot, there is another Irish Open Satellite on this Saturday in the club €250 buy in with a €150 Rebuy/Top-up, what a great excuse to spent the weekend gambling in Galway.

No comments: