Monday, April 14, 2008

Way to early to be in the club

Monday night and I'm in the Eglinton way to early, it's really eerie, dealers wandering around with cans of pledge polishing in silence, Vinnie "The Longlad" mouching around like a ghostly presence. I'm telling you it is not a place for a normal person, not that I for even an instant consider myself anywhere near normal.

Wow, tournament is starting, 6 runners so far, guess I might aswell jump in. There are 3 young fellas I have never seen before, Vinnie, Steve "I hanew you had that" Kovacs and Ivory "I have never seen a hand I wouldn't play to the end".

Ah, things are brightening up a little Laurane and Siobhán have just arrived in, would love to join in now but Steve is telling good bet stories, and the people around him look like they are thinking of a warm bath of water and a razor blade.

On break now, 27 runners in total and just under 2 grand in the kitty, we wouldn't say no to a piece of that. The breaks in these things are way to long now that I am back directing tournaments in here the odd time, as staff I can't play the table games, BEST RULE EVER.

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. 1 hand after the break and gone, to stupid to lay down AK on a king high board against a knuckle dragger with AA. On the bright side Fintan just got knocked out as well, can try and make my money back playing him in pool.

Steve Kovacs has been eliminated which is a suprise because he hanew what the other guy had, but there you go ever the best among us can make mistakes.

No comments: