Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I always wondered what it was like to be a tosser, now I know.
I have my own Blog.
Why you may ask have I joined the ranks of those suffering from the cyber induced impotence that is Blogging?
Is it to bore you all with mind numbing bad beat stories.
Perhaps its to analyse the sanity of the players that week after week in blinding flashes of stupidity make crazy calls and knock me out of tournaments.
Or maybe I will give a voice to the legion of luckless and talentless players of which I am one, that the rest of you anonymously refer to as Fish.
Oh god how I wish it was something so noble, but the real reason is this seems to be a side effect of working a day job in front of a computer.
So much time and so little will to live.

Ever since I retired from the high flying glamour of running poker tournaments and took up the day job I have found myself doing things I swore I never would.
It starts with small simple things like reading a post on a forum.
Soon you find yourself checking on it every day, then maybe before and after lunch, until
within the week the browser window with the forum never closes.
The it happens, some idiot posts something so offence to the intelligence of mankind in general that you feel honour bound to spring into action and correct this injustice.
I mean my god man what if someone was to read it an actually believe it and maybe even pass on these wildly inaccurate statements as fact.

The post that broke me was someone suggesting that poker tournament organisers should listen to the wishes of players. Maybe, if there is an unexpected lull in the mayhem that is the running of a tournament, you might think briefly about what the player might prefer.
But to actually listen to them, you must be out of your mind. Nothing would ever get done. There is no creature to have ever graced this beautiful planet that can moan, whinge and bitch like a poker player. They could win Olympic medals in it.

Hang on, sorry about that, started ranting slightly off topic, plenty of time for that later.
So here I am, finally fallen into the abyss, no longer a person but a festering opinion waiting to inflict itself on any cyber traveler unfortunate enough to happen by.

So another adventure tonight for me in the Westwood, I predict my first win tonight(this prediction is likely to become a regular here). Promise not to tell you about a single hand tomorrow, but if any of the usual suspects get up to anything interesting I will let you know.

Hey this might be fun...

Christ I'm lost forever, remember me fondly.

No comments: